I am very disappointed. It appears as though there is no way for me to have a water birth as I had planned. Jon is very concerned about having a birth tub in the apartment. He is afraid that the floors won’t hold all 2,000+ pounds of water and tub. He even spoke with the landlord, who also doesn’t think that the floor would hold up.
That doesn’t leave me many options. I can labor in our shower/tub and either stand up or get out to have the baby, or we can go rent a nearby hotel room with a spa. While that’s tempting, I’m not sure I want to do that. Aside from the money thing, Noah seems very interested in all this baby stuff. I think he may even want to be there when the baby is born. I hate to cheat him out of it, if that’s what he really wants. I just don’t know what to do. Yes, I have a while to think about it, but still.